This is my 1st Post. This Blog is about IT Excellence!
In today’s global economy, business organizations must constantly pursue excellence to remain competitive by:
- Creating new products and services
- Improving existing products and services
- Reducing cycle times and cost
- Improving quality and productivity
- Innovating and constantly improve
The IT organization needs to supports the business’s quest for excellence by striving for IT Excellence, by striving to become:
- Agile, Lean and Green
- Customer, staff and people focused
- Innovative and constantly looking for ways to improve its capabilities
- Able to rapidly identify, develop, adopt, introduce and deploy new concepts, technologies, tools and practices
- Constantly measuring its performance and using that information to better manage itself
The pursuit of IT Excellence requires hard work, people oriented change management techniques, agile and learn practices, excellent project and process management, and breakthrough & continuous process improvement and measurement. The business can use many of these same techniques in its pursuit of business excellence.